Главная  •  TOPIGS  •  TOPIGS International

TOPIGS International

TOPIGS IN FIGURES

  • 50 countries TOPIGS genetics is represented in
  • 35 nucleuses
  • 25 AI stations
  • 550 employees
  • 6.000.000 does of semen per year
  • 225.000 (G)GPS
  • 1.100.000 PS per year
  • 2.500.000 TOPIGS sows all over the world
  • More than 65.000.000 fatteners per year
  • More than 4.500.000.000 kg of meat per year

TOPIGS is a subsidiary of Pigture Group. Pigture Group Pig Breeders Co-operative owns 77.5% of this ultimate holding company. Pigture Group Pig Breeders Co-operative is owned by 3,000 member pig farmers in the Netherlands. The remaining shares (22.5%) are owned by fresh-meat processor Vion Food Group.

TOPIGS is one of the leading organizations in pig breeding in the world. TOPIGS is based in the Netherlands, where it has a market share of over 85%. In Europe, TOPIGS is the leading company in its field.  Almost 150 breeders throughout the Netherlands produce breeding material, operating as an independent company under a franchise. This means that the breeders do what they do best, i.e. producing and marketing high-quality animals, and that TOPIGS does what it does best, i.e. research, data processing, calculation of commercial breeding values and technical assistance. This method of working together ensures that the capabilities of each party are exploited to the full.  

Over the past few years, the importance of TOPIGS' international arm has grown significantly. About 65% of all TOPIGS gilts are produced and marketed outside the Netherlands. In several countries, TOPIGS is market leader or is one of the top three breeding organizations. In order to limit the transportation of animals over long distances as much as possible, TOPIGS has established its own breeding farms in a number of countries, many of them have the high TOPIGS-SPF status.

TOPIGS works via a franchise system. We have chosen this working method because every partner does what he is good at. The pig breeders breed and distribute animals and TOPIGS is the supporting breeding expert.